Thursday, November 12, 2009

College Romance...

Oh my dear freaking goodness....I hate college romance sometimes. Now, don't think that I'm bitter just because I'm currently single because I'm not. I actually am enjoying this time of independence and freedom (although I will admit, having a boyfriend is much better than NOT having a boyfriend...ugh...). Anywho that's not the point. The point is....well....let me just tell this quick story. Today I'm sitting in my D & C class, and my brother went to a different lecture today, so I had a lot more time to browse the classroom and just observe people. One couple I have noticed before...mainly because they sit on the front room. Oh gosh, today it was SO distracting! Here's how it went down. Girl sits on front row, saves seat for boy. Boy walks up, sits next to girl, and they give each other the most passionate kiss known to freaking man...ew...boy puts arm around girl who then lays her head into what seems to be his armpit (hope you put on some deodorant). Through-out the class, boy and girl occasionaly kiss...actually a lot...girl is practically laying on boy's lap the whole time, whispering/talking sweet nothings (AKA cheesy lines that only seem cute if you're in a relationship) into each others' ears...blah blah blah. I noticed my teacher kind of look at them a couple times...I seriously was about to throw my pen at them (not even kidding about that either). I probably would have if I had another pen on me. Seriously, what's the point in them going to class if they won't even listen to the teacher and if they are going to put on a show...quite literally...for the rest of the class. I heard one guy whisper loudly to them "get a room!" but they were so lost in their own little world they couldn't hear. Whatever. Another amusing comment about college romance: The Daily Universe put out an article about the library being the place to get asked on dates....hahahahaha what?! Supposedly, they interviewed this girl who is a Senior majoring in English and ever since her Freshmen year has been hit on at least once a week, and given out her number to hundreds of boys, been on hundreds of dates...she actually gave tips of where to sit and what to do so girls will get hit on in the library...and here I thought the library was actually about...studying...doing homework. I will admit, I have been hit on twice in the library (that averages to about one a year hahaha), and I actually gave my number to one guy...who still hasn't called me hahahahahaha. ooooooooo maybe I should just switch my major to English and sit in all the right places...this girl they interviewed is right though. I usually go to second floor and she's never been asked out on second floor...she said most of her luck comes on fifth floor....maybe I'll start studying up there hahahahaha just kidding. Seriously BYU? I know that marriage is important and wonderful, but please get off of each other during classes, and if you are all over each other, at least don't sit in front row...

1 comment:

  1. SICK....Same story in my Nutrition class last week. Couple in front of me not even exaggerating...were making out. MAKING OUT! In class! Gag me with a Spoon...for real.

    ReplyDelete