Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tender Mercies

I believe in Tender Mercies. For those of you who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, you'll probably remember Elder Bednar's talk on the tender mercies of the Lord (he gave it right after he was called as an apostle). I've come to realize this semester more than ever the tender mercies of the Lord. I'd like to talk about one of them--friends. Friends are great! One friend in particular has been such a great sounding board for me. I feel like whenever I'm at my breaking point or just need a shoulder to cry on, she's always there for me. We are pretty much the same person...both obsessed with BYU football, love school, musical, out-going and fun-loving, but I think this person possesses a capacity to love...something that I'm trying to develop as well. She's a great example to me of being selfless, and she's always so aware of how everyone is feeling. I must admit, with school, church, social-life, etc etc etc of college, it's nice to know that the path we take, however hard or easy, long or short it may be, there is always at least one friend we can rely on, and always knows what we need--sometimes before we realize we need it. To this person--you know who you are--thank you so much for being there for me when no one else was. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Gee Beck...Sounds like you got one killer of a friend. You lucky duck ;) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete