Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's about that time...

Alright ladies and gents, it's about that time that I finally update my BLOG! Just incase some of you didn't know, I'M ENGAGED! I'm the future Mrs. Grant Rowe Vanderhorst :) So, let me tell you our story.
Grant and I met at BYU (typical, right?) He actually gave a talk in church that blew me away and I just thought to myself "I have to meet this kid." So, I made sure to go into the same sunday school room as him, sat right infront of him, turned around and said "Hey :) I really enjoyed your talk. You did such a great job and it was exactly what I needed to hear." All I got from him was "Thanks." If you ask him about that exchange today he'll say it's because he was intimidated and was a fresh RM but I thought he wasn't interested at all! Nevertheless, we became friends via facebook, starting talking on facebook, starting hanging out at basketball games, ultimate frisbee, went on a few dates, became best friends, starting dating, he asked me to marry him, I said yes :)
Let me tell you our engagement story. He came to visit me over the 4th of July and I knew that he would be proposing soon, but I didn't think it would be during the 4th of July. Anyways, he came, and the second night he was here he asked my dad for my hand in marriage. The next day we were kind of hanging around the house and I was playing the guitar for him and singing and out of no where he pulls his laptop out of his backpack and says "Hey I have something for you to watch." It seriously did not cross my mind what was about to happen. A couple weeks previous to the 4th he emailed my mom (without me knowing haha) and asked her for pictures of me growing up as a little girl. He put all those pictures to a slide show and the song was Dream Big by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband...one of my favorite songs on all time :) At the end of the slideshow there was a slide that said "And the best is yet to come..." and afterwords put a picture of me and him. At that moment he reached into his pocket, got down on one knee, and said "Rebekah Miriam Larsen, will you marry me?" Of course I couldn't say anything for about a minute, and if you know me well enough I'm sure you're thinkin I probably cried...but I didn't! I was just so happy and couldn't stop smiling! We hugged for about a minute and then I finally got out the word YES! Let me just say as a side note, the ring is beautiful! It's a princess cut with a halo around it and the band has some small diamonds in it--it's very vintage and incredibally beautiful! I love it :)
So, wedding plans! I have ordered my dress, the colors are picked, the day is November 20th, 2010 in the Denver Temple, we have the cake ordered, and a lot of other things nailed down. Let me just say that wedding plans are the best and a total blast :) I'm taking out my endowments in the Provo temple on October 23rd, 2010 and I'm so excited for that!
Let me just say one more thing--Grant Rowe Vanderhorst is the most wonderful man in the world. He treats me so well! He never lets me carry anything heavy (or anything at all for that matter haha), he always gets the door for me, he'll often carry me from one place to another, he cooks, he helps out with cleaning, he served as a solid missionary, he has a strong testimony, he loves the Lord, he loves his family, and he knows how to be friends with everyone. He's an all around stud and I'm utterly and completely in love. And for the record, I've heard a lot of horror stories about in-laws and let me just say I don't have that problem AT ALL! I love Grant's family! His dad is so dang funny and very generous, and I know Grant has learned a lot from his father. His mom is probably the funniest person and is always smiling and she takes very good care of her family--including her kids' spouses. He has 2 older brothers who have a great sense of humor, an older sister who loves everyone, and a younger sister who brings a sweet spirit into the family. I'm definitely a very lucky girl! I promise I'll be better about blogging this Fall :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you posted your engagement story. Not that I didn't already know, but for the pure documentation of it. You will read this in years to come and smile and laugh with joy!
    You need to post some pictures of the two of you, asap.
    BTW, there are some new blog templates that are really cute and easy, you should re-vamp.
    Also, as for the blogging more often...I'll believe it when I see it! :)

    ReplyDelete